How We Serve the “Clearinghouse” process
- Love INC receives requests for help by telephone from churches, pastors, organizations, individuals and families in need (clients).
- The need is reviewed and analyzed by Love INC intake volunteers or staff at the Clearinghouse. Working cooperatively with area organizations, Love INC
- Examines the nature, extent, and legitimacy of the client’s need.
- Determines what help the client has already received from agencies and churches.
- Ensures the need is manageable and specific.
- After the client’s need(s) is analyzed and verified, the need is referred to the appropriate help:
- Clients requiring urgent or highly specialized help are referred to appropriate agencies. These types of referrals could include medical, psychiatric, substance abuse, legal, or other services.
- Clients requiring help available through an agency or church ministry are referred to the agency or church.
- All other needs are referred to volunteers from partner churches in the area where the client lives (if possible).
- The service is provided. The client is helped by an agency, church, ministry, and/or volunteer and the need is met.
- The Clearinghouse follows up with the client and volunteer or ministry that provided assistance. A visit from a local pastor or church volunteer is also offered.
Where We Serve
The ministry area of Love INC DeKalb/Sycamore includes DeKalb and Sycamore, Illinois, along with some of the surrounding communities. Below are the current geographical boundaries of our ministry.
- To the WEST – Malta
- To the NORTHWEST – Kirkland
- To the NORTHEAST – Genoa
- To the EAST – Cortland
- To the SOUTH – Waterman and Shabbona
Our vision for the future is to extend these boundaries further, but we desire to do this work with excellence. This expansion requires churches to partner with Love INC and agencies willing to do the same. We exist to “mobilize the church to transform individuals and communities in the name of Christ.”
How you can help
Below is a short list of some of the needs we currently have. If you can assist with them, please call our office or email the director at firstname.lastname@example.org
People we need:
- A Clearing House Coordinator
- Individuals to help with moving donated items to clients’ home
- Intake volunteers
- Church Ministry Coordinators (liaison between Love INC and their own partner church)
- Individuals to take part in our financial base of this ministry
Things we need:
- Copy paper
- Gas vouchers to be distributed to clients in need
- Bikes in good condition to help clients in with their transportation needs
- Working space heaters
- Warm blankets
- Good-condition winter coats, hats and gloves
- Furniture: beds (and mattresses), dressers, sofas, dining tables and chairs, and lamps